This Norwegian holiday home on Varaldsoy is located on an island in the middle of the well-known Hardangerfjord. Varaldsoy can be reached via a ferry via Årsnes or Gjermundshamn. The ferries leave several times a day. From the house you have a unique view of the Hardangerfjord and the opposite mountain peaks such as the Gygrastol. Fjordhytte 24 is a very nice holiday home, which gives you access to the fjord and the associated motorboat. The view to the snow-capped peaks and the deep blue fjord reflects the beautiful beauty of Norway.
This holiday property is 250 meters from a motorboat with 15 hp outboard motor available. The motorboat may be used by the tenant of the house free of charge. Also included is the sauna, which provides relaxation.
Inside, this holiday home with its wood-paneled walls exudes Scandinavian cosiness and offers you a harmonious ending after full of leisure activities. The centrally located stove completes the feel-good atmosphere. The best conditions for culinary delights of all kinds and convivial coexistence are offered by the spacious kitchen with its 6 seats. The side facing the Hardangerfjord side of the house houses the living room.
The 6-person holiday home has 2 bedrooms with a double bed and a bedroom with 2 single beds.
Water, mountains and nature combined with numerous sights and historical monuments, this area offers a wide range of possibilities. Very impressive is already a stay in the completely natural and original direct environment of the house. The view extends far beyond - starting with the Kvinnherad Kommune to the sea in Bomlø. The island of Varaldsøy "Barlind" is home to the largest yew tree in Northern Europe, with its remarkable 2000 years.
The following services are included in the rental price
• 1 cottage
• 1 motorboat with 9.9 hp outboard engine
• Wood for the stove
• Electricity and water
The following services are not included in the rental price
• 2-stroke gasoline with oil mixture for the motorboat
• Arrival, food
• Internet, but bookable on site
• Bed linen, but bookable
• Towels, but bookable
• Final cleaning, but bookable
On request bookable additional services
• 2nd motorboat on request NOK 1,400.- approx. EUR 160.- per week
• final cleaning approx. NOK 560.- approx. EUR 65.-
• Internet per week NOK 140.- approx. EUR 15.-
• Bed linen per set per person NOK 100.- approx. EUR 11.-
• Towels per set NOK 50.- per person approx. EUR 5.50.-
• These services can be ordered at the time of booking with the special requests, payment on the spot in cash, in Norwegian kroner (NOK)
• Bed linen, towels you can bring your own, final cleaning, you can even make or order.
Arrival times by car to the house
• From the ferry terminal Bergen 2.5 hours,
• Kristiansand Ferry Terminal 6 hours,
• 6 hours from Larvik Ferry Port, 6 hours from Oslo Ferry Port.
• Location of the holiday home Fjordhytte 24, N-5636 Varaldsøy
• Size of the house about 76 m², for max. 6 persons on 1 floor
• built in 1994, renovated in 2005
• Pets are not allowed
• Natural property
• 3 parking spaces at the cottage
• Distance to the Hardangerfjord: approx. 250 m
• Location of the holiday home about 30 meters above sea level / Harangerfjord
• Distance to the motorboat approx. 250 m
• Distance to the neighboring house approx. 50 m
• Supermarkets: Fährkai on Varaldsøy, in Rosendal and Gjermundshamn
• Next gas station at Fährkai on Varaldsøy
• Restaurant / Hotel / Kiosk in Rosendal and Odda
• Ski center 40 km
• Garden furniture
• 1 washing machine
• 1 tumble dryer
• 1 motorboat with 9.9 hp can be used free of charge by the renter of the holiday home
• 2. Motorboat with 9.9 hp can be rented on request
• Contact lives nearby for any questions about the cottage, motorboat or boat instruction.
Living / Kitchen
• Large living room with kitchen
• electric stove with oven and 4 hotplates
• Coffee machine
• Sink with cold and warm water
• Television with German channels
• Freezer with approx. 300 liters
• Electric heating in living room
• Vacuum cleaner.
• 1 bedroom with double bed (2 persons) measuring mattress 180 x 200 cm
• 1 bedroom with double bed (2 persons) measuring mattress 180 x 200 cm
• 1 bedroom with 2 single beds (2 persons) measuring mattresses 90 x 200 cm
• 1 bathroom with 1 shower, 1 wash hand basin and 1 toilet
• Hot and cold water
Via the button Activities, you get to the descriptions with photos of our trip possibilities mentioned below, which are possible from the holiday home.
Hike to the Ænes valley
Hike to Bondhusbreen in Sundal
Hike to the Buer Glacier in Odda
Guided glacier tours over the Folgefonna
Swimming trip by motorboat to Sild
Hike on the Malmangernuten
Barony in Rosendal
Trip to Bergen
Tyssedal power plant
Røldal stave church
Jondal summer ski center
Arrival time from 16.00 clock to 22 clock or possibly by appointment
Departure time until 9.00
From mid-May to mid-September arrival day and departure day only on Saturdays.
From mid-September to mid-May, autumn-spring day of arrival and departure date freely selectable,
Booking however ur via us as not online bookable.
Travel times from the ferry ports in Norway to the holiday house:
Color Line Ferry Terminal in Oslo: approx. 6 hours
Color Line Ferry in Larvik: about 6 hours
Color Line and Fjord Line Ferry in Kristiansand: approx. 6 hours
Fjord Line Ferry Terminal in Bergen: approx. 2.5 hours.
Bergen Flesland is the closest airport to the holiday home. You can arrive by rental car, speedboat or bus to the house. We generally recommend a rental car The journey time from the airport Bergen-Flesland to the house is about 2.5 hours.
Fishing in Maurangerfjord and Hardangerfjord
From the house all fishing spots can be reached by motorboat in a short time. In the fjord it is possible to fish the following fish: Cod,
Salmon, pollack, ling, mackerel, plaice, salmon and others.
The caught fish can be filleted directly on the boat dock, to prepare them freshly caught in the holiday home. For fishing in the fjord is no
Fishing license required.
However, if you want to fish for salmon or sea trout in the salmon river, you need a fishing license. The fishing season for salmon and sea trout is from the middle
June to mid-September.
There are several salmon rivers in the area such as Sunndal, Ænes and Uskedal. Another option is at an outlet of a
Hydroelectric power plant on which salmon are also fished.
At the Furebergfossen, a large waterfall between Sundal and Ænes, you can fish for salmon free of charge. Here are the salmon in the floods of
Waterfall. Fishing at the Furebergfossen is a secret among local anglers. You do not need a fishing license here.
Motor boat included
In this holiday home there is a motor boat for the guests of the house for free to experience the impressions of the fjord up close.
Whether you are anglers to nearby fishing grounds, or jaunting with family and children, or just relaxing on the beach
Water, the motorboat offers you countless possibilities.
The boat is located about 250 meters from the house at the quay in Hardangerfjord.
Another motorboat can be booked, but only upon previous request.
Technical data of boats and engines
Vernøy 430 SL
Length: 4.30 meters
Width: 1.70 meters
Power: 9.9 hp
Gasoline: 2-stroke gasoline
2-stroke gasoline with oil mixture can be bought from the owner.
Die Unterkunft liegt in einer wunderschönen Landschaft mit einem fantastischem Ausblick. Es ist wunderbar ruhig, sehr schön eingerichtet mit allem Komfort, inkl. Sauna und allen Kühlmöglichkeiten. Selbst bei weniger gutem Wetter kann man gemütlich auch mal einen Tag in der Hütte "chillen" . Natürlich kann man auch deutsches Fernsehen fernsehen und mit einem flotten Motorboot auf den Fjord fahren. Der Service und die Betreuung durch die örtlichen Vermieter war wunderbar und umfangreich, je nach den Bedürfnissen - einfach toll!!! Es war ein toller Urlaub und wir buchen gerne wieder!
Es war alles perfekt! Von der Buchung bis zum Heimreise lief alles problemlos - ein gelungener Urlaub - nur zu kurz, wie immer ;)
es gibt nichts negatives zu sagen!!!
Um unser Buchungssystem in vollem Umfang zu nutzen, bitten wir Sie unsere Datenschutzerklärung zu bestätigen.
(Sie können Ihre Entscheidung jederzeit mit einer E-Mail an email@example.com widerrufen.)
Die Datenschutzerklärung wurde noch nicht akzeptiert!
|Tariff name||Resource/property type||Min people||Max people||Valid from||Valid til||Minimum days||Maximum days|
|Saison 2019-9||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 07 September 2019||Tuesday, 31 December 2019||616.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-1||Fjordhytte||1||8||Wednesday, 01 January 2020||Friday, 08 May 2020||714.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-2||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 09 May 2020||Friday, 22 May 2020||789.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-3||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 23 May 2020||Friday, 12 June 2020||876.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-4||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 13 June 2020||Friday, 03 July 2020||1,026.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-5||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 04 July 2020||Friday, 14 August 2020||1,075.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-6||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 15 August 2020||Friday, 21 August 2020||1,026.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-7||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 22 August 2020||Friday, 28 August 2020||876.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-8||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 29 August 2020||Friday, 04 September 2020||789.00€ per week||7||28|
|Saison 2020-9||Fjordhytte||1||8||Saturday, 05 September 2020||Thursday, 31 December 2020||714.00€ per week||7||28|